The Navigators USA
Navigators USA, an alternative scouting organization started in 2003, is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help boys and girls build trust, respect, and self-esteem through adventure activities.
The Navigator's Mission is to:
- To bring nature to boys and girls ages 7-18, whether it's in their own backyard or the Rocky Mountains.
- To create a safe environment for children to test the skills they will need to navigate life.
- To help children build their own community to achieve goals they set for themselves.
In 2003, The Navigators USA was founded by a group of volunteers serving children in need in East Harlem, New York. They wanted to offer a scouting experience for boys and girls that was non-discriminatory and secular. They felt there was a need for an alternative organization that approached scouting from a different perspective than the established organizations.
The Navigators USA is committed to providing a quality scouting experience that is inclusive and available to all children and families regardless of gender, race, religion, economic status, sexual orientation and social background.
Funding is needed to help pay for camping trips, equipment, uniforms, awards and patches.
Why We Do it
The best hope for our society and our planet is to prepare the next generation to make the right choices.
The Navigators USA choose:
- Respect for other people instead of bias and conflict
- Appreciate and preserve Nature instead of mindless consumption.
- Civic engagement instead of apathy